Part-time: up to 20 hours per month
Compensation: maximum $480/month
Start date: Immediate
Application deadline: Open
About the UCPBA of Calgary
The Ukrainian Canadian Professional & Business Association (UCPBA) of Calgary is a registered non-profit society in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The Calgary UCPBA is an association of Canadian business people and professionals of Ukrainian descent and individuals with an interest in Ukrainian culture and current affairs. Members participate in activities that advance professional growth, promote Ukrainian heritage, and raise an awareness of local, national, and international issues of importance to Ukrainian Canadians.
The Program Manager is a part-time position tasked with implementing the Executive Committee’s policies and work plan. This will involve maintaining the UCPBA’s website; developing internal and external marketing and advertising; arranging social and cultural programs and events (including member meetings); promoting membership; record keeping and maintenance of assets; and assisting in fundraising, scholarships and lifetime achievement awards distribution; and dealing with any related matters. The duties to be performed are essential to the UCPBA’s program delivery, which includes financial support (from AGLC casino funds) for various cultural, educational, and religious groups in the Ukrainian community. The Program Manager shall report to the Executive Committee and take directions from the UCPBA’s President.
Information Technology, Social Media, and Website
- Maintain and expand current social media platforms, ensuring that the UCBPA has a strong presence in the digital community.
- Keep the website current in both Ukrainian and English.
- Recommend system upgrades and request authorization for new purchases as required.
- Monitor and manage online payment systems and coordinate these with the Membership Committee Chair and Treasurer prior to each meeting.
- Arrange online meetings
Marketing, Advertising, and Communication
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to attract new members to the UCPBA.
- Design paper and online materials and implement strategies to promote UCPBA events and programs.
- Execute operational and logistical duties required for the successful conduct of the monthly meetings.
- Procure and manage the physical resources that may be needed by the invited guest speaker and the Executive Committee.
- Arrange for speakers’ flights and accommodations as necessary. Identify appropriate venues for the meetings.
- Prepare a 4-month calendar showing upcoming events and venues once approved by the Executive Committee.
- Maintain a record of all assets of the UCPBA and, where appropriate and circumstances permit make available for sale such items as books, CDs, DVDs, etc. from the UCPBA’s inventory at UCPBA meetings and events.
- Assist the Executive Committee and various committees of the UCPBA as required to research and suggest additional means of fundraising.
- Complete grant applications.
Monthly Time Sheet
- Prepare and distribute to the Executive Committee each month a timesheet/report identifying all activities/duties undertaken by the Program Manager during the prior month and the amount of time spent on each activity and in total.
The successful candidate will:
- Have insight into the local Ukrainian community in Calgary and the organizational dynamics of the Ukrainian community across Canada.
- Be highly proficient in both spoken and written Ukrainian and English.
- Be technologically literate (MS Office, Quickbooks, Simply Accounting, WordPress, social media management, including Facebook Ads).
- Have fundraising experience.
- Be familiar with GAIN (Gaming Information for Charitable Groups) procedures.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience with reporting to executive committees and boards.
How to Apply
Please email a detailed resume and cover letter, in confidence, to each of the Selection Committee members: