- This event has passed.
POSTPONED | TIU Canada/Refraction Asset Management – Business in Ukraine
February 24, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:31 pm UTC-6
We are inviting you to join our discussion with Vlad Lizunov (VP Finance of Refraction Asset Management/Director at TIU Canada) to learn how they with Michael Yurkovich (President of Refraction Asset Management/Director at TIU Canada) invest in Ukraine and run Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) projects.
We will discuss the political, economic, and business situation in Ukraine. Also, you will get some recommendations and lessons learned on how to start a business in Ukraine.
This event has been POSTPONED
Based in Calgary, AB, Refraction is the single-family office for the Yurkovich Family. ESG investment are an important component of our investment strategy, and the current ESG portfolio includes:
• Solar power plants (TIU Canada)
• Biodiesel refinery equipment manufacturer
• Pectin (waste by-product of citrus processing) processing facility
Refraction and TIU have sponsored multiple events aimed at promoting Ukraine and Canadian – Ukrainian cooperation, including but not limited to:
• Embassy Event to Mark 30 Years of Diplomatic Ties between Canada and Ukraine (2021)
• Ukrainian House in Davos (2018-20)
• Ukrainian Reform conference in Toronto (2019)
Renewable portfolio in Ukraine
• TIU Canada has grown to approximately 60 MW solar power company with 3 operational solar power plants and one project under development.
• The clean renewable energy produced by our power plants per annum is equivalent to reduction of 60,000 tonnes of CO2.
• After successfully building its business overseas, TIU is building its renewable portfolio of greenfield and brown-field projects in the US, Canada and the Caribbean to increase the total size of the portfolio to 300 MW.